Challenges have been discontinued, but I hope you will enjoy browsing through this wonderful archive of Alice-inspired art!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Winner & Honorable Mentions, CHAPTER 12 - Hearts!

Today the winner and honorable mentions are announced, but first I will torture you with a few more design team projects, starting with mine!

Lynne Phelps of Savvy Sisters Studio created two humorous art journal pages:
This one features the wacky March Hare image, and I combined it with the Valentine Hearts Banner. He looks so rough, I couldn't resist adding a snarky sentiment: "She knew it was true love, because she loved him even before coffee!"
The next journal page features the Whimsical Dream Castle, the Queen of Hearts and the Heart Stems. Please stop by Savvy Sisters Studio and leave me a comment, I really love hearing from you!

Next, we have a project from Anne of Anne's Crafty Corner, a guest designer from the Octopode design team! I love the fun Page Boy Rabbit, which is one of the exclusive rubber-only designs from The Octopode Factory!

Last, we have one more dresser drawer from Amy Bowerman Stucki of Plucking Daisies! I have to say this is my favorite drawer yet. We see the Drink Me Potion and the Eat Me biscuit on either side of the small curtained door!
Love the pink checkered floor. Glitter makes the potion bottle gleam and the jeweled key and heart bling add dimension and sparkle.
I love the paper curtains, hung with jump rings from a tiny rod! The door is cut from Disney picture book; doesn't that talking doorknob bring back memories?
The coloring is fantastic and the glitter and bling are perfect, but that real doily adds so much! I love the attention Amy pays to all these details and I'm sure you do to, so be sure to stop by and leave a comment for her on Plucking Daisies!


And now what you've all been waiting for!

Winner!
Random.org selected #18, so Leintje* from the Netherlands is our winner! Leintje made this fabulous box to hold her Altered Alice challenge projects, so I was really tickled when her project was randomly chosen. Please email me through the link in the left column about claiming your prize!
She used the transparent glass on top of the box to great effect, with items above and below the glass adding so much depth. Visit Leintje* to see more photos of her great project.

Honorable Mentions!
ALL of the entries this month were fabulous! I will list as many as I can until I run out of time. :-)

Dawn in the UK of Craft-Addiction has delighted us again with an original inked and watercolored sketch for our hearts challenge! Keep an eye on her blog, because she may be releasing some of these lovely creations as digi stamps!

Ana Cristina Caldatto of São Paulo, Brazil made this wonderful set of Alice trading cards! See more photos at Scrap da Ana.

Love all the vintage trim and layered images on this entry from Narah-Kimberly of Vinegar and Glitter.

I love this crackled gold playing card from scrapclose2theheart.


This entry from Debbie Buckland of Arty-Crafty in New Zealand really grabbed my fancy as it has funny quotes from the Tim Burton movie, and what a great Queen of Hearts image. The scrappy look and hand stitching are so appealing!


ArtWolf2009 created this fun crown, where every element has significance to the Wonderland stories!

Sylvia of Barnie's Baustelle created this wonderful heart. I love the sentiment, and those button eyes on the Cheshire Cat make me really happy!

I was tickled to see an entry from Jess of My Scrap Diary, who was a past guest designer on The Altered Alice! How can you resist a Hatter who says he throws WILD tea parties?

ALL of the entries were wonderful, so if you have not checked them out before, please take a look at them now:


Please leave a comment before you go, and check back next week for a new challenge!

9 comments:

  1. Everyone did such beautiful work. Lynne, I love your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh, I am the lucky winner, Hooray!!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to everyone! They were all very good! Thanks for the Honorable Mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners/honorable mentions. Loved all the projects this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todos Fabulosos!!!
    amei cada detalhe publicado aqui!
    estou feliz pela menção Honrosa...


    grande abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winner and HM's. I wanted to enter but time ran out before I could finish my piece !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Honorable Mention!! It's been really fun participating in the challenges- I'll definitely be back!! Thank you for hosting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love thes fun challenges, thanks for my HM !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners! And thanks so much for the Honourable mention.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS so much for participating in the experience that is THE ALTERED ALICE!!! Your comments mean the world to me, so thanks in advance for taking the time!