Challenges have been discontinued, but I hope you will enjoy browsing through this wonderful archive of Alice-inspired art!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

CHAPTER 3 Challenge Winner, Honorable Mentions, a Goodbye and an Invitation!


Today we are awarding the $14 gift certificate from our generous sponsor, Artistic Outpost. But as we say goodbye to our Chapter 3 Challenge, it is also time to say goodbye to a very dear member of our design team.

First, a Fond Farewell:

Sammi Betbeder of  Sammi's Stamping Stuff came over with me from the old challenge team on Oh, Alice! If Sammi, Erin, and Donna had not been willing to follow me as the new Mad Hatter, I am not sure if I would have had the confidence to bring the challenges to The Altered Alice! Sammi runs an online Copic store, Mad for Markers, which serves Australia and New Zealand, and the Mad for Markers blog offers GREAT Copic tips and challenges!  While we will miss her terribly, we understand that her growing business requires more time and attention, so she is stepping down from The Altered Alice.  
In Sammi's words:
I am sad to leave the Altered Alice... it's been a fabulous journey and I've loved being a part of it... THANKS to Lynne for letting me come across from Oh, Alice to her wonderful world inside the looking glass here at the Altered Alice!!


I am always amazed at the talent and creations that the team come up with and the entrants too.. I am sorry that I have not been totally "here" - due to my business and the extra work I'm putting in there I am having to leave this little bit of WONDERLAND!

I will pop back in as often as I can to see what everyone is up to and perhaps I will get a chance to play along at some point too! Oh if only that clock would stop and there were more hours in the day.. Oh actually let's just leave it at tea time all the time.. I would like that I think... hehe! Thanks for having me on this journey Lynne!

Wishing you all the very best of Alice!!!
Sammi xxx

You can keep up with Sammi's activities at  Sammi's Stamping Stuff!

Drum roll. . . And now for our ARTISTIC OUTPOST Winner:

Winner: Hazel
Blog Post: Hazel's Creative Moments
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Our generous sponsor, Artistic Outpost, has offered a $14 gift certificate to our winner. Random.org selected number nine and that is Hazel from Kent! Please contact me via the email link near the top of the left column, and I will forward your contact information to Artistic Outpost!  I have been SO impressed with the quality of these red rubber stamps, as I have never seen such gorgeous fine-line detail in rubber before. I know you will find something to love from their collection of vintage-inspired stamp sets, that come in both unmounted sheets and also precut and mounted on cling foam. Be sure to visit the Artistic Outpost design team blog for loads of inspiration!


Hazel's creation includes loads of characters as originally illustrated by Tenniel, which seems very suitable as that was the inspiration for our challenge! Love the inclusion of book text, and the way the rabbit is centered in front of the vivid blue clock face.  I also see some stenciling, perhaps inspired by Tracy Evans in our first week of the challenge? Congratulations, Hazel!

Honorable Mentions:

As always, EVERYONE who submitted deserves an honorable mention! You, the participants and kind commenters are the real joy that I get from this endeavor. Time however limits me to just a few entries here.


Terry of Terry's Work in Progress used our sponsor's Wonderland Collage set to create this gem! I totally love the way she built up her own patterned paper with all the small stamps in the set. I also love the embossed frame around the focal point image - it's all the lovely little details that make this card such a gem!

Nigel of Freebird's flights of fancy delighted me with his humorous entry! I love the differences in style of the various elements; the contrast of the detailed Tenniel Alice with the cartoonish JubJub bird, the full colorful mushrooms and the black graphical diamond flowers. Love the clipped out words (a favorite style of mine) and the blue sponging around each word helps it to stand out from the lovely background.


I LOVE all the layers of color and texture in this canvas board project submitted by Foxy's Weblog! I just can't stop looking at this beauty, as I see new things every time I look. Also congratulations to Foxy for being published in the Altered Arts magazine with an Alice piece!


Ana of SCRAP da Ana Cristina Caldatto immortalized The Altered Alice in fabric on this tote bag - fantastic! She also used a very intriguing negative applique technique to add the blue lace that forms Alice's dress! Be sure to visit her blog to see the step-out pictures.


I always look forward to what Susan Allen of Little Imperfections will come up with, as she always tells a story with her creation! This one has had the old Donovan tune "Mellow Yellow" going through my head every since she submitted this gem! How many of you are old enough to remember that song?


And last but not least is this 12 x 12 inch crazily detailed homage to Tenniel by Lola Azul of Apuntes des Colores! Be sure to stop by and see all that went into the making of this wonderfully intricate creation! The yellow squares of the checkerboard feature her own little sketches in blue metallic pen, it is a real labor of love and shows a true Alice spirit!

Wanted...May Guest Designers

I am short handed now on the design team! I am looking for two or three Guest Designers for May who love to color and are comfortable using digital images.  Please email me SOON through the link near the top of the left column if you are interested, with some links to blog posts that show off your coloring, and I'll let you know if you are chosen. I will feature your work towards the end of the inspiration posts, so you will have time to make your projects.

Wishing joyous Easter blessings to everyone on this holy day! Please leave a comment before you go, I love hearing from you!

10 comments:

  1. Lynne, thanks a lot for your comment and your wonderful work and dedication!!. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Hazel! Have fun picking your prize. It's so inspirational to look over everyone's creations....well done, people! Thanks for the challenge, Altered Alice...it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge congrats to all! I so enjoy seeing everyone's work. Maybe I can play along this next time. (I know, I always say that! LOL) I do come visit though. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!

    Thanks for the honourable mention, and congrats to everybody who joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations everyone! Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. I just realized that I forgot to say ... farewell to Sammi, and thanks for helping Lynne in the birth of The Altered Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congratulations to Hazel! AO stamps are great and you will love your prize! Thank you so much for selecting my card for an honorable mention! I am honored! Beautiful work from all the participants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. uauuu fantastico e merecido parabéns para Hazel!!!
    eu estava na torcida por voce!

    parabéns para todas participantes
    e uma admiração para os que receberam menção Honrosa: Terry, Nigel,Foxy, Susan e Lola!!!

    Formidavel formidavel trabalahos aqui ...todos inspiradores!!!

    ___________________
    uauuu fantastic and deserved congratulations to Hazel!
    I was cheering for you!

    Congratulations to all participants
    and an admiration for those who received honorable mention: Terry, Nigel, Foxy, Lola and Susan!

    Formidable formidable work here ... all inspiring!

    LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your congratulations, it was a lovely surprise to find that I'd won as everybody's work was brilliant. Thanks Lynne for choosing me and for such a greet site.
    xxx Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farewell Sammi. This little bit of Wonderland will miss you. All the best and I agree with you as well, it would be good for it to be tea time all around :)
    Congrats to the winner and honorable mention.
    This is such a great blog Lynne. I think your work is phenomenal!!! Im hoping I can get to the deadline this time. I missed the last one by a bit.
    Thanks
    Jess M

    ReplyDelete

THANKS so much for participating in the experience that is THE ALTERED ALICE!!! Your comments mean the world to me, so thanks in advance for taking the time!